Sunday, August 29, 2010

23 mile training run

Well I can check the 23 miler off my list.  I completed the run in 5 hours and 7 minutes.  I felt so good.  The excitement I felt as I knew I was getting closer to the end of the run was amazing.  My arms had goose bumps.  It is so amazing to me to think about how far I have come.  When I started running I couldn't even run for 10 minutes without wanting to quit.  Then after a while I was amazed at a 5 mile run.  Now during the week when I run 5 miles after work it is like nothing.  I'm like "what? the run just started".  I am so amazed at how far humans can push their bodies.  And our bodies keep adapting and getting better and better.  I will take it easy and recover for a few days now.  Maybe just walk the dogs. 

I'm so proud of my twin sister.  On wednesday she came with me for an evening run with the group.  I thouht she might be able to go a mile or two.  Well she didn't want to stop.  We ran for 3 miles.  She was pretty proud of herself too.  Amazing bodies!  I am so glad she liked it.  I really didn't want her to get hurt because I thought she would never try it again.  Well the next day after her night shift she went running by herself.  Can you believe the motivation of that.  Work 12 hours then go straight out and run 1 1/2 miles.  I was very impressed with her. 

This week I will get back to eating clean again.  My youngest daughter talked me into McDonalds for dinner on the day of my 23 miler.  I was still good with the calorie range because I burned about 2000 during the run.  Tonight for dinner I am making turkey burgers with goat cheese, caramelized onions and cranberry relish.  I am also making tacos for the youngest because she won't even look at goat cheese!  I will bake sweet potato blondies to snack on for the week.  Then I am washing 2 pounds of grapes to snack on, and prepping one watermelon for the week.  I just love all the in season fruit.  I am looking forward to the
apple season in the next month or so.  I will ride my bike to the orchard and pick up a couple bags of fresh,crisp apples.  I love this time of year!  I can't wait for my first taste fresh apple cider!  Bring on Autumn!

No comments:

Post a Comment